lunes, 5 de enero de 2015

masculine look

This week's theme at Share-In-Style: masculine look is another challenge to enjoy!. I've always admired those women who can wear a masculine look with attitude, particularly, I've been a huge fan of Katherine Hepburn from the very first time I watched her films. Marlene Dietrich was included later in my Pantheon, but she was not less admired!. Obviously, I realized very soon that those women's glamourous style was really far away from mine. I realized also very soon that my body shape is more curved than required to wear a masculine look!. But I've never been very sensible, and 'flattering factor' is always defeated by 'fun factor' in my mind. So I've worn masculine looks many times. And this time I've picked a vest over a white shirt, and pants, which looked very appropriate for a masculine look, even if they're floral pants!

El tema de esta semana de Share-In-Style: masculine look es otro reto para divertirse, un estilo masculino!. Siempre he admirado a esas mujeres que pueden llevar el estilo masculino con actitud, especialmente, he sido muy fan de Katherine Hepburn desde la primera vez que la ví en una película. Marlene Dietrich llegó después a mis altares, pero no es menos admirada. Evidentemente, muy pronto me dí cuenta de que el glamour de estas divas estaba lejísimos de mi estilo. También me dí cuenta prontito de que mi figura no era de las que llevan bien un estilo masculino, ¡demasiada curva!. Pero resulta que soy una inconsciente, y para mí el estar favorecida siempre cuenta menos que el factor diversión, así que he llevado estilos masculinos un montón de veces. Y esta vez he elegido un chaleco sobre camisa blanca, y pantalón, que me parecía lo más apropiado para el estilo masculino. Incluso aunque sean pantalones de flores!


- pants, Festa (old) / pantalón
- shirt and vest, La Redoute (very old) / camisa y chaleco
- crochet flower brooch / flor de ganchillo en broche
- shearling coat, second hand (ages ago) / abrigo piel vuelta, de hace siglos, comprado de segunda mano
- mary janes, El Naturalista (old) / merceditas
- bag, vintage from my mom's wardrobe / bolso, vintage, del armario de mi madre
An absolutely gratuitous pic of one of my favorite streets at this little town.
Una foto que pongo porque sí, de una calle que me gusta mucho, justo al lado del mercado.

10 comentarios:

  1. That is a fun look. I can certainly understand the body shape factor, and how it determines our style... in my head I am a tall, slim amazon with a boyish figure, and then I look in the mirror and this short, curvy brunette with a messy hair looks back...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love it...the trousers are awesome with the vest, you look fantastic my dear!! Happy Monday xx

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Siempre me ha gustado KH, era tan estilosa. Me gusta mucho cómo te queda el chaleco. Y el fular es monísimo, pega con los colores del pantalón.

    Besos, Jasmine

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Un chaleco da mucho carácter a cualquier look. Te ha quedado un conjunto muy majo!!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oh you look wonderful! That white tunic with the waistcoat looks so good over the floral pants and that sheepskin coat is fab! xxx

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Que vivan los chalecos, de todo tipo!! Tu versión masculina es una de las más divertidas que he visto hasta ahora, al igual que tú, no se deja llevar por las modas no convencionalismos, querida amiga. Y es que tú eres única e irrepetible!! Me he acordado de tí ayer con las hermosas fotos que pones de Barcelona, mi hijo menor viajará a tu ciudad a finales de mes. Un besazo.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Estas fantástica con este look!!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Such a great look, your trousers are fabulous :)

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi Monica!
    How are you doing?
    I love those pants!

    Love
    xo
    Ariane

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Mrs. Allnut, I commend you for pulling off beautifully the masculine look challenge! I could never accomplish such a feat! I'm afraid I don't have the slightest idea on how to even begin to emulate this trend but I do love the vest you're wearing! Your pants look so comfy, I think I could live in them! Besos! :)

    ResponderEliminar